SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE (SVN)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Human Resource Assistant
Vacancy No: SVN/18/09/018
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Six (6) months Special Short term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 05 October 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the direct supervision of the Human Resource Officer (HRO), the incumbent will assist with the administration of the day to day operation of the human resources functions and duties. In particular he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating the recruitment process for national staff, particularly; collecting all the CV’s related to the advertised position, contacting all shortlisted applicants for interviews, coordinating with the interview panel on all related interview information, ensure all related materials required for the interview is scheduled on time, administering practical skills test when required and sending regret letters to all unsuccessful candidates.
- Create and maintain the personnel files for National staff and International Staff ensuring it includes: PHF, CV, and copy of Passport/ID, Medical and Security Clearances, TOR, Contracts, Personnel Actions, Attendance Records, In-Out Time sheets, Overtime, Recruitment History and any other personnel related documents.
- Coordinate all pre-employment requirements of new staff to include: obtaining security certificate, security clearance, works stations, email address, IDs, etc. briefing of new staff on their entitlements, obligation and HR policies, rules and regulations, IOM, its activities.
- Carry out timely preparation and renewal of contracts and Personnel Action (PA) using PRISM for national staff in case of contract extensions, changes in, salaries and working conditions. Also regularly update personnel information and generate reports through PRISM HR.
- Prepare the calculation and payment requests of consultancy payments.
- Arrange training venues, schedules and other logistical requirements, update training monitor as and when applicable.
- Coordinate the following requirements for international staff: securing copies of contracts and PA from MHRO or Staffing Unit, information on flight itineraries, hotel bookings, ID’s security clearances, Entry Permits, TINs, Driving permit, DSA, TA, entitlements and separation formalities with other units/departments both internally and externally.
- Maintain files of IOM General Instructions, General Bulletins as well as for Instructions of Memoranda issued locally related to Human Resources.
- Prepare all Medical Service Plan (MSP) cards for all staff under the MSP cover and maintain an updated report/record of all staff covered under the MSP.
- Maintain and update the HR file with all updated General Instructions, General Bulletins and any other HR related information updates
- Follow specific instructions in relation to sensitive and confidential correspondence and other documents.
- Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School Degree/Certificate with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional work experience in Human Resources handling recruitment, training, personnel file management and induction in an international organization.
- Prior experience in usage of SAP/PRISM HR an added advantage.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office package (Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), internet and Email.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Willing to accept flexible work schedule.
- Required fluency in English.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00am EAT on 05 October 2018. The subject of your email should be the Reference Number and Position Title i.e. “SVN: 18/09/018 Human Resource Assistant”
Since the system is automated, if you do not follow the above mentioned instruction your application may be missed by the system.
Please ensure that you send your attachments as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF.
The title of your attachment should be your full name.
Closing Date: 05 October 2018, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: 21.09.2018 – 05.10.2018