SVN: 03/05/018 Senior Procurement Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Senior Procurement Assistant
Type of Appointment
Special Short Term
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Logistics and Procurement Officer in Kampala and in close coordination with the Project Manager SSCoS, the incumbent shall be responsible for carrying out procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, implementation, controlling and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support SSCos Project and any other IOM’s humanitarian activities within the mission, including: organize and maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, documentation, equipment up-grading, assets management,
- Liaise with the Logistics and Procurement Officer regarding procurement and service requests and requirements, to consolidate overall mission procurement requirements and optimize purchasing power.
- Participate in planning procurement actions and analysis of procurement requests.
- Ensure that the Purchase Requisition Forms submitted to Procurement Unit are perfectly completed; regarding needful signatures, and WBS/s. Ensure financial authorization is received from the Program Managers, RMO, CoM, and GPSU/MAC according to Purchase Authorization Threshold.
- Ensure with Finance Unit that appropriate funds are available for each purchase.
- Identify service providers and participate in evaluation of vendors against performance, reliability, quality, price, delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates.
- Solicit and analyze bids for conformity to specified requirements, conduct supplier appraisals and select suppliers.
- Taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process, the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after selling services, and the company profile / reputation.
- Make sure to get a suitable delivery period which meets the projects implementation schedule.
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- By coordination with the Logistics procurement officer, ensure that LEG Dept in Geneva has reviewed and endorsed the agreements/contracts prior the signature.
- Ensure that the “Goods Receipt Notes” are acknowledged by the Requisitioner when the services/works are rendered and/or the goods are received and perform MIGO in PRISM.
- Send all goods and assets to field offices using most efficient way.
- Liaise with field offices and field procurement assistants to confirm all items sent are properly received and PRISM is updated.
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices and verify compliance with POs/Contracts and goods/works/services received.
- Submit with supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments or Mission Payment Requests (MPR). Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Liaise with the local/private transportation companies concerning transport and delivery of goods to the field locations. Coordinate the loading/offloading of the cargo when needed and hire a sufficient labor to cover the job properly.
- Participate in Inter-agency for a, including the procurement Working Group and Logistics Cluster when called upon
- Monitor the vendors for the compliance to the contractual agreements.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher in Purchasing and Supplies, Business Administration or any other related and relevant field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or High School degree/Certificate in the above fields with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant experience in Logistics and Procurement;
- Should be a member or have Certification of C.I.P.S ( Chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply) or its equivalent
- Maintains confidentiality, discretion and accuracy in appropriate areas of work;
- Proven ability to coordinate work of others, within and outside IOM;
- Work experience in an international organization preferred;
- Ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when required;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good at negotiating, networking and dealing with numbers
- Fair knowledge in using office equipment and excellent knowledge in spreadsheet programs like Excel, Word and mail exchange
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send resumes with three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm EAT on 27 May 2018.
The subject of your email should be the Reference Number and Position Title i.e. “SVN: 03/05/018 Senior Procurement Assistant”
Since the system is automated, if you do not follow the above mentioned instruction your application may be missed by the system.
Please ensure that send your attachments as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF.
The title of your attachment should be your full name.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting Date: 14 May 2018 Closing Date: 27 May 2018